Thursday, September 3, 2009

7th Reign – Fallen Empires CD review

7th Reign – Fallen Empires CD (Independent Release)

The ideal outcome for a newcomer band is to show steadily progress on each album that unleashes. 7th Reign managed to reach that goal and revealed to us an outstanding release, destined to become a Power Metal classic! I remember my comments on their debut CD but now I can assure you that this quartet managed to release an even better album! Melodic, pompous powerful and atmospheric Power Metal is served in “Fallen Empires”, with the mighty voice of Brian Soulard delivering some harsh and high-pitched vocal wizardry! My pick in 7th Reign, guitarist Marios Panayiotis is in constant great shape, playing some astonishing riffs and solos in brilliant songs like “7th Reign”, “Betrayed”, and the 10-minute opuses “Deliverance” and “Requiem For The Dead”. I love the Neoclassical attitude that Mario has in his performance, filled also with some Symphonic keyboard parts, something that makes his parts an absolute experience. I strongly believe that “Fallen Empires” is one of the best, if not the best album of 2009, without any single drawback in it! I am not a fortune teller, but I predict that their next album will surely be released under a big record label! Don’t let this CD pass unnoticed, you’ll miss a state-of-the-art! Visit the band’s web-site: http://www.7threign.com/ and their mySpace profile: http://www.myspace.com/7threign

Dimitris Starakis

No comments: